Welcome to Tizmo's Home
Web sites everyone should know about IMHO:
- Dumb Laws.. this is a collection of those dumb laws that we love to laugh at.
- Microsoft's New Operating System is always worth a good laugh!
- The Onion.com has to be one of the funniest web sites you will ever come across! For a starting point, do a search for Herbert Kornfeld. May not be appropriate for some people.
- The man song is one of the funniest tunes you will ever hear. Grab a kleenex to wipe your eyes when you are done laughing.
- Zero wing is a good example of the problems with direct language translations. "All your base are belong to us". It is a short comic strip, just sit back and enjoy.
- Amarok plays all of those mp3's that we love:) It even can play ogg-vorbis and WMA files too.
- Firefox is an excellent web browser that runs on both Windows and Linux.
- GIMP is the open source likeness of Adobe Photoshop.
- KDE-LOOK.org is an awesome place to help you make KDE look sexy! Wallpaper, themes, and more.
- Ubuntu Linux is the linux distribution that I use.
- Open Office is a free and very excellent Office Suite for Windows and Linux (open source version of Star Office). If you want a way to get rid of MS Office, check this out!
- Slashdot News for Nerds. Stuff that matters!
My Personal Things:
- Factorial calculator
- Fibonacci number calculator
- Csci code foo..Java, Scheme, C.. and then some.
- Check out the University of Minnesota NROTC website that I made. I created the original version, but other people maintain it now.
- Another website I created can be found here: U of M ROTC Alumni Society. This site has a searchable database backend for membership information. Each member has a login and can search/add/edit their own infomation. They can also search for other members' information.
- For those of us who play the original NWN on Linux, I have written an installer application which will install all of the extra files for your favorite PW. This one is tuned to work best with Avlis, but minor changes could make it work for any others. I've tested it on Ubuntu Linux, but it should work on other distros and Mac OS X. It is written for python 2.6.
Classes I took in college:
Send comments to: Tizmo
Last modified: Sat Oct 24 14:21:35 EST 2009